Do this because
Tour the Roman Forum at your own pace
Listen to engaging stories directly from your smartphone
Find out more about Ancient Rome's political life
What to expect
Explore the valley of the Roman Forum and feel the power of Ancient Rome coming alive around you with an engaging audio tour on your smartphone!
From the ruins of the Basilica Aemilia to the Temple of Vesta, the site is full of memories from the Eternal City’s past. Walk along Via Sacra, the spine of the ancient city, and follow in the steps of celebrated Roman warriors. Picture them in full armor, as they returned victorious from their battles and conquests to march the route of the Roman Triumph.
Among many other fascinating attractions, you’ll also encounter the famed Temple of Caesar. Leave a flower on the grave of the glorious general and learn about the games of power and control in Roman political life.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Temperature screening is compulsory for all visitors
Self-guided audio tour for your smartphone (Android & iOS) in English
Offline content (text, audio narration and maps)
What’s not included
Entrance tickets to the Roman Forum
Smartphone or headphones
Food and drinks
Hotel pick up and drop-off
Via dei Fori Imperiali, 00186 Rome RM, Italy
The self-guided audio tour is designed to begin at the main entrance of the Roman Forum.
- Opening hours: every day from 8.30am to 5.30pm
Clio Muse PC
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- This is a downloadable self-guided audio tour for your smartphone. No live guide will accompany you. No VR / AR is included
- Please notice that this tour does not include the entrance tickets for the Roman Forum
- You will receive an email from the local supplier with important audio instructions on how to access and download your audio tour. Please check your email spam folder as well
- You need to book per device to be used, not per participant
- For the audio tour, you must have an Android or iOS smartphone and make sure you have enough storage space. The size for the app and the audio tour is 100-150 MB. Remember to bring your own headphones
- The audio tour is not compatible with Windows Phones, iPhone 5/5C or older, iPod Touch 5th generation or older, iPad 4th generation or older, iPad Mini 1st generation
- Internet access might be unavailable & mobile signal may be weak. So please download the audio tour on your smartphone prior to your visit in order to enjoy it offline
- This activity is non-refundable once activated