Do this because
Enjoy a comedy horror sightseeing show through Edinburgh
Get spooked, learning about the most haunted city in Europe
Explore city sights, where the restless spirits still wander
Ride the midnight black Ghost Bus and learn about the legend of Burke and Hare
What to expect
Enjoy a theatrical sightseeing tour of Edinburgh on-board the 75-minute Ghost Bus, a beautifully refurbished vintage double-decker, painted in traditional midnight black. Your creepy conductor will tell you about Edinburgh’s grave robbers, plague victims, and the ghosts that reside in the most haunted city in Europe.
Explore the city's gruesome past, while admiring its most famous monuments, including Edinburgh Castle, Grassmarket, Greyfriar's Kirk, Holyrood Palace and the Royal Mile. As you traverse the Old Town and New Town, visit the sites of murders, tortures, and executions. Hear about the infamous Burke and Hare, and the hundreds of women who were drowned or burned as witches.
The bus boasts decorative features that include atmospheric lamps and window curtains. In 1967, the entire fleet was destroyed in a mysterious fire, and only one bus survived. Will you?
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Tour in a Necrobus
- 435 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh EH1 2NT, United Kingdom
Departing from Edinburgh Lawnmarket, outside Deacon Brodies Tavern.
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
The Ghost Bus Tours
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- The local operator takes no responsibility for items left on the bus. Personal items are carried at the owners risk and local operator can take no responsibility for items damaged or lost.
- Smoking, eating, and drinks other than bottled water are not permitted while onboard
- The bus is unfortunately not wheelchair accessible
- This experience requires good weather. If your tour canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before the tour start time