Do this because
Travel back in time and tour the tunnels of the Colosseum underground
Enjoy special access entry and a dedicated guide
Visit the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
What to expect
Step into one of the most exclusive parts of the Colosseum in the company of a local expert guide. Tour the tunnels of the Colosseum Underground and travel back in time to Ancient Rome. These ruins can be hard to interpret on your own, but with a group of no more than 18 people, you'll have access to your guide and plenty of time to ask whatever interests you.
As your small group marvels at how incredible the architecture of the Colosseum remains after nearly 2,000 years, your guide explains the seating plan at the average games - from the emperor's seat to the gentry, peasants, and finally, the ladies.
After your extended tour of the Colosseum (including general access areas too), you'll head over to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill - once the center of politics and commerce in Rome. From the mansions of emperors to the temples of humble hearth goddesses; businesses, monuments, and governmental buildings will come to life as your guide tells vivid stories of the men and women who created this incredible civilization.
- Colosseum Underground
- Roman Forum
- Palatine Hill
- Arch of Constantine
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Temperature screening is compulsory for all visitors
Express VIP access to the Colosseum
Access to Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
Via delle Terme di Tito, 73, Roma, RM, Italia
Please meet your guide 15 minutes prior to the start time at the entrance of Colle Oppio Park on the corner of Via di Terme di Tito and Via Nicola Salvi. The entrance is opposite Oppio caffè
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Walks of Italy
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- From 6 August 2021, all Italy sites we visit will require clients and guides alike to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test completed within 48 hours prior to entry. They will also require a legal form of ID matching the vaccination or test results. More info on the Italian Government website
- Unfortunately, guests with strollers on this tour with strollers cannot be accommodated on this tour
- Please ensure that all members of your party have a valid ID on them on the day of the visit
- Only small backpacks and regular-size handbags are allowed inside the Colosseum, Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill. Guests with larger bags will not be allowed to enter (there are no storage facilities) and all guests must now pass through a security check before entering the Colosseum
- The Colosseum has changed its admission policy to ensure that only 3,000 people are allowed within the amphitheater at any given time, meaning much less crowding during busy periods. Although our tickets are pre-booked with Skip the Line access, this may mean a slight delay on entering if capacity has already been reached
- The Colosseum is subject to occasional closures. The Colosseum administration is usually aware of this and informs us the day before or of a given closure
- The Colosseum Management has temporarily removed the Arena Access on the Underground special Access Itinerary
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended