Do this because
Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pompeii
Enjoy your skip-the-line, pre-booked access to the ruins of Pompeii
Admire the view from the summit of the Vesuvius during summer
Enjoy a visit to the iconic city of Naples in the winter season
Explore Pompei with an English-speaking guide
What to expect
Visit the ruins of Pompeii in the iconic city of Naples on this one day trip from Rome. You'll spend the day exploring this famed UNESCO World Heritage Site and discovering its fascinating history.
You'll travel from Rome to Pompeii to explore some of the fascinating buildings that Pompeii is home to including homes, bath houses, fast food restaurants and outdoor theaters. Stroll around at your own pace and visit the sights you wish to see. This day trip doesn’t end here, though! You'll take a half-mile hike up Mount Vesuvius, where the summit offers the most stunning view of the Bay of Naples below and get a taste of the utter devastation it must have caused when it exploded in 79 AD.
During the winter months, when Mount Vesuvius is closed, you'll visit Naples instead, the beautiful city by the bay. You'll have some free time to walk around the city center and take in the atmosphere of this buzzing city. Some of its main features are the iconic Castle Nuovo, the famous Umberto I Gallery and Plebiscito Square, where you can sample an authentic Neapolitan coffee or a delicious local pastry while watching the world go by.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
2-hour guided tour in Pompeii
Groups no larger than 24 people
Round-trip transport from Rome in private, air-conditioned coach
Ticket and reservation fees for Pompeii
Entry ticket to Mt. Vesuvius from March to late November (free time in Naples in case of bad weather)
What’s not included
Piazza del Popolo, 00187 Roma, Italy
Please meet your guide in the center of the square 'Piazza del Popolo' at the fountain with the lions and obelisk. It's serviced by the Metro Line A, Flaminio.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Note: From late November to March the Vesuvius isn't accessible. Also during summer months in rare cases of inclement weather or strikes, the crater of Vesuvius may be closed to visitors, therefore, if this is the case, it is replaced with a visit to Naples where you will get free time to explore the city
- Extra measures may be implemented due to heightened global security. As a result, you may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering the venue. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, it is strongly suggested that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, comfortable shoes are recommended
- Unfortunately, guests with wheelchairs or mobility impairments cannot be accommodated on this tour. Pushchairs and strollers are also not permitted
- This service ends around 7.30pm at the square Piazza del Popolo in Rome