Do this because
Get inside the Colosseum with your fully-dedicated private guide
Take the most unique photos from the amphitheater's arena floor
Learn about gladiator's fights, emperors, and myths in a personalized way
What to expect
Retrace the glorious past of Ancient Rome visiting the Colosseum and stepping into its arena! This experience is part of Iconic Insiders, a selection of tours designed for first time visitors to uncover what matters and get oriented in a new city. Your destination insider is a licensed guide who will offer recommendations and highlight the most visually attractive places of the itinerary.
Begin your tour in the archaeological area, where you'll have the chance to take the most instagrammable shots at the Colosseum and the other sites, including the Arch of Constantine, built to commemorate ten years of the emperor's reign, and Palatine Hill, the most ancient part of the city.
Entering the reconstructed arena floor through the 'Death Gate', you'll travel back in time and live an authentic gladiator experience. Imagine the roar of the crowds as combatants were poised to battle and the thrill of fighting for your life in front of 50,000 people. Your guide will be happy to tell you plenty of curiosities about the Colosseum's history, anecdotes about the most important gladiators, and myths surrounding the renowned amphitheater.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Temperature screening is compulsory for all visitors
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test may be required, please confirm the local requirements before your visit
3-hour private tour
Friendly and local guide
Skip-the-line ticket for the Colosseum arena
Headphones (for groups of more than 5 people)
Piazza del Colosseo, 58, 00184 Rome, Italy
Meet your destination insider in front of the newspaper stand at the exit of the Metro B, station "Colosseum".
- Please refer to the calendar for updated starting times and availability
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 24 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- This is a private tour for a group up to 10 guests. Tell the guide what you want and let them focus on your interests
- This tour is partly accessible for people with limited mobility. It is possible to access the Arena and go upstairs by lift to visit the entire building, but the archeological area is not fully accessible. There are some wheelchair platforms, but the terrain is rough and the itinerary may have to be adjusted
- Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering the venue
- Large bags, backpacks, and suitcases are not permitted inside the venue. Only small bags will be allowed. There are no cloakrooms
- Strollers and baby carriers can't be accommodated in this activity
- Please note that, for safety reasons, on a few particular occasions the area of the arena can be inaccessible to the visitors. If this happens, you will still be able to do the tour, getting very close to the central area of the arena but without stepping inside