Do this because
Save time and see more with skip-the-line access
Smaller group size gives you a personalized experience in good company
Come face-to-face with a variety of works and appreciate them with your own eyes
What to expect
A favorite among local Parisians, the Musée d’Orsay is an impressive art museum that offers an awe-inspiring experience in every one of its details. From the open, airy design of the railway station with its beautiful giant clock and a stunning collection of Impressionist and Post-Impressionist artwork, every part of this tour is an experience that will make sure you make the most of your time. This tour brings famous masterpieces to life, thanks to your guide’s knowledge of the artwork and the master artists who created them.
The Orsay museum is home to a famous and highly recognizable collection of historical masterpieces. It is home to the world’s biggest collection of impressionist paintings. You’ll learn about this unique period in art history, how it was received and how painters like Monet radically changed the world’s perception of the world.
Parisian locals have another reason for loving this museum. It was the first French museum and French or Paris-based artists made many of the greatest pieces found here. The Orsay is proud home of Van Gogh’s ‘Starry Night over the Rhone, to Renoir’s ‘Dance at Le Moulin de la Galette’. Your guide will bring you into Renoir’s 19th century Paris, where his dancing, drinking Parisians eating galettes will seem to come to life right before you.
The carefully crafted itinerary covers all of the museum’s highlights: paintings by Van Gogh, Cezanne, Degas, Monet, Manet, Renoir and more.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Guides and all other staff are required to wear masks
Visitors over 18 must show their ID and proof of one of the following: a full vaccination or first vaccination (this requirement varies depending on the country) received at least 15 days prior, recovery from a COVID-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative result from a PCR or antigen test taken no more than 48 hours before the experience starts. This may also apply to those aged 12 and above
Expert English-speaking tour guide
Groups of maximum 6 people
Headsets (to hear the guide)
What’s not included
Food and drinks
Musée D'Orsay, 1 Rue de la Légion d'Honneur, 75007 Paris
Meet us 15 minutes before departure in the courtyard in front of the main entrance to the Musée d'Orsay. Your guide will be waiting for you at the foot of a large statue of an elephant.
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.
Important to know
- For the safety of everyone, please make sure to bring your own mask to the meeting point. Social distancing rules and preventive measures must be respected throughout the tour
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended
- This tour not accessible to guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance
- Photography is not permitted in the Musée d'Orsay
- France’s tourist sites are among the most popular in the world. Skip-the-line access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours
- Please note that many sections of the museum are not air-conditioned (as A/C is not standard practice in France)
- Large bags or backpacks are not permitted in the museum
- Strollers or baby carriages are not allowed on this tour