Do this because
What to expect
Visit the memorial site of Auschwitz-Birkenau and the Wieliczka Salt Mines in a single day.
During the tour, you will spend about 3h in the Auschwitz complex, so as about 3h in the Wieliczka Salt Mine. There is expected about 30 minutes to 1h break between sites. (Duration of the break may vary due to unexpected queues, traffic, etc.). It is advised that you carry your own food and water. You may also order a lunch box from the tour operator at an additional cost.
During the visit to Auschwitz & Birkenau, a professional guide will accompany you to both sites. You will visit the museum that displays several letters, photographs, and other artifacts preserved from the period when the region was an active concentration camp. The rest of the complex covers the different sections of the camp, which were used for gassing the victims, housing newly arrived prisoners and conducting various experiments on the victims. The memorial site is full of stories of the 1.3 million victims who had lived here.
In Wieliczka Salt Mine you will explore 3km of underground tunnels, 2 lakes, and 2nd the biggest in the world underground Chapel named of ]St. Kinga, which is made in natural salt deposit so as their altarpieces and chandeliers. Walk through many unique chambers, and discover a history of 700 years old mine. Tours also include about 700 steps to walk down and an elevator ride to the ground level on exit.
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Visitors are required to bring and wear masks
Temperature screening is compulsory for all visitors
Staff have their temperatures checked regularly
Hotel Warszawski, Pawia, Kraków, Poland
Time on the voucher, is a meeting time on the Hotel Warszawski, Pawia 4-6 Street. If you want to be picked up from your hotel please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 1 day before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Note: the Auschwitz - Birkenau museum requires the name and surname of every guest for entry, please add this additional information at checkout. Every guest must carry an ID or passport matching the name and surname provided at checkout
- If you are interested, please confirm the pick-up place and time directly with the local operator. You can find their contact information in the voucher after booking
- If no pickup address is received within 24 hours before the tour, pickup at the hotel is not guaranteed.
- The pick up applies to accommodation in an area up to 2 km from the city center of Krakow.
- If your hotel/accommodation is more than 2 km away from the city center of Krakow, we will set up a different, convenient meeting point
- Please note that the final pick-up time may vary from the booked time