Do this because
Enjoy a wonderful walk with a local guide
Discover the heart of the city in the historic Old Town
See Edinburgh's must-see attractions along the Royal Mile
Admire a panoramic view of the city from Arthur’s Seat
Get recommendations and tips from a local
What to expect
Enjoy a wonderful walk from Edinburgh Castle to Arthur's Seat with a local guide. During your walk, you will pass through the historic Old Town and many highlights of the city. The experience is 100% personalized to your interests and needs and a local host will be matched to you to help you see the city as you would with a knowledgeable friend.
After booking, a member of the local operator will contact your to ask about your wishes and interests. They will then put together a personalized itinerary just for you and your group. Walk over the cobbled streets with its Gothic architecture buildings, Scottish restaurants, and modern museums. Take a break in Dunbar's Close, a beautiful secret garden in 17th-century style, and pass through the Royal Mile famous for its traditional restaurants and authentic pubs.
You will slowly make your way up to Arthur's Seat, a peaceful oasis away from the busy city. Reaching the top of the hill might take some effort but the view of the picturesque landscapes around Edinburgh is totally worth every drop of sweat!
COVID-19 informationThe following health and safety measures are in place, so you can relax and enjoy your experience.
Visitor numbers are limited to reduce crowds
The experience complies with government regulations
Social distancing is enforced
Areas frequented by visitors are regularly disinfected
Hand sanitizers are provided for staff and visitors
All gear/equipment is sanitised between use
Private and personalized walking tour
Meet up at your accommodation (if within reasonable distance)
What’s not included
Food and drinks
Any tickets to attractions
Transportation to/ from meeting point
Public/private transportation during the tour
Edinburgh Castle, Castlehill, Edinburgh, UK
Meet your guide in front of Edinburgh Castle if you do not choose to meet up at your accommodation. In case you want to organize the meet up, contact local operator directly to confirm time and place.
- Daily with flexible starting times between 9.30 am and 6.00 pm
- Please refer to calendar for updated availability
Receive a 100% refund if you cancel up to 48 hours before the activity begins.
Important to know
- Tickets are set as a group price, at checkout you can select 1 ticket matching the number of adults in your group
- In case you have any children in your group, please specify the number of children during checkout
- Starting times are flexible, please confirm the starting time of your choice with the local operator
- A maximum of 8 persons is set per group
- Meet up at accommodation in the city center is possible, contact local operator to confirm the starting point using the contact details on the booking voucher